This stuffed mushrooms recipe will make you say wow! It’s easy to put together and perfect for entertaining….or snacking.
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, aka baby bella (3 8-ounce packages or 20 to 24 mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (or omit and substitute more breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 1/2 cup Italian panko or breadcrumbs (gluten-free as necessary)*
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika or smoked paprika, for the garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean the mushrooms and gently remove the stems.
- Pat the mushrooms dry with a towel and place them in a large bowl. Mix them with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or brush it with olive oil. Add the mushrooms in a single layer on top.
- In a medium bowl, mix the minced shallot, chopped walnuts, minced parsley, Italian panko*, grated Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms. Lightly drizzle the tops with olive oil (just a small drizzle).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and golden brown on top. Serve immediately, garnished with a sprinkle of paprika and additional chopped parsley if you like. (Leftovers last 2 days refrigerated, but the filling is less crunchy. You can reheat them in a 350 degree oven until warmed through.)
*We recommend Italian panko or Italian breadcrumbs because they’re already seasoned. Panko is best since it’s the lightest and crunchiest. If all you can find is regular panko or breadcrumbs, mix 1/2 cup panko with 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano and ¼ teaspoon each dried basil and thyme).
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mushrooms
Keywords: Stuffed mushrooms, stuffed mushroom recipe, how to make stuffed mushrooms