The best way to eat everyone’s favorite squash? Spaghetti squash spaghetti! The noodles are sauteed with herbs, then topped with marinara and Parmesan.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (or sub olive oil for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve (or Vegan Parmesan Cheese)
- Marinara sauce (use Easy Marinara Sauce or Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with meat or veggie crumbles)
- Protein, if serving as a main dish (Since squash isn’t as filling as normal noodles, you may want to serve with meat, lentils or another plant based protein. We served with goat cheese, bread, and a salad)
- Cook the spaghetti squash: Make Roasted Spaghetti Squash or Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash.
- Mince the garlic.
- When the squash is cooked, heat a large skillet to medium low. Add the butter and olive oil and warm until melted. Add the garlic, oregano, basil, onion powder, and garlic powder. Warm, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes until garlic just starts to brown. Remove from heat and add squash noodles, kosher salt and grated Parmesan cheese. Toss until well combined. Taste, and add salt as necessary.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce and a bit more grated Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Roasted / Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Squash
Keywords: Spaghetti squash spaghetti