This cheesy baked spaghetti squash casserole is a winner! It stars Italian style flavors: pesto, artichoke, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for sprinkling
- Cook the spaghetti squash: Roasted Spaghetti Squash (takes about 1 hour total) or Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash (takes 30 minutes total). You can cook the spaghetti squash in advance and refrigerate until preparing: just bake it longer in the final step until fully warmed through.
- Let the spaghetti squash drain for 10 minutes, as instructed in the cooking method above. (This makes sure that the casserole does not have extra liquid.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (if not already roasting the squash).
- While the spaghetti squash cooks, roughly chop the spinach, artichoke hearts, and sun dried tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm squash strands, spinach, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, pesto, salt, mozzarella, and the Parmesan cheese. Stir until thoroughly combined and transfer to a medium casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake at 10 to 12 minutes until the mozzarella cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash Casserole