These incredible homemade deviled eggs have a smoky undertone from smoked paprika, and crispy shallots add the perfect crunch!
- 6 eggs
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimentón)
- Kosher salt
- Hard boil the eggs according to the Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs or Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs methods.
- While the eggs are cooking, thinly slice 1 shallot into small rings. In a small pan, heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Test the heat of the oil with a shallot slice; when it sizzles, add the rest of the shallots. Cook until the shallots are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to cool. Sprinkle with a bit of kosher salt and reserve in until ready to serve.
- When the eggs are cooked, cooled, and peeled, slice them in half and scoop the yolks into a bowl. Smash the yolks with a fork.
- Finely chop 2 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes (drained of their oil). Then mix the tomatoes with the egg yolks, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, and about 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste).
- Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Directly before serving, top each egg with a crispy shallot to garnish.
Adapted from The Kitchn
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy deviled eggs, deviled egg recipe, homemade deviled eggs, how to make deviled eggs