Attention, mushroom lovers: here’s THE perfect sauteed mushrooms recipe! It brings out the best savory flavor with lemon and fresh herbs.
- 16 ounces baby bella (cremini) mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh thyme and oregano*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil**
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Clean the mushrooms, then slice them. Chop the fresh thyme and oregano.
- In a saute pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often (the mushrooms will start to release their liquid at this point).
- Add the herbs and kosher salt and pepper and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is cooked out and the mushrooms are tender. (Taste to assess doneness.)
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice and stir. Taste and add another pinch salt as necessary.
*We highly recommend using fresh herbs here for the best flavor; do not substitute dried.
**Step it up and add a richness with butter if you’d like!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: Plant Based
Keywords: Sauteed Mushrooms