Salmon Caesar salad is a hearty main dish salad for dinner everyone loves! It’s irresistible drizzled with a creamy homemade dressing.
For the salad
- 1 pound salmon (or 2 cans salmon or 12 ounces smoked salmon)
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 romaine hearts (or 1 large head romaine)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- Optional garnish: capers, fresh dill
For the Caesar dressing (makes 1 cup)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced or grated
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or Worcestershire sauce (or omit)
- ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the salmon using one of the following methods: Pan Seared, Broiled, Baked, Blackened, Grilled, or Poached (pictured). If using canned salmon, mix it with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together the Caesar dressing ingredients in a bowl. Store leftovers refrigerated in a covered jar for up to 1 week.
- Tear the romaine leaves into pieces (or chop them). Top each salad with croutons, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese shavings, and dressing. If desired, add a sprinkle of drained capers or dill sprigs.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Salmon caesar salad