This baked gnocchi with pumpkin sauce is comfort food at its finest! It’s simple yet sophisticated, with creamy goat cheese dollops and sage.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 16-ounce package gnocchi, plain or whole wheat
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, thinly sliced (about 5 medium leaves)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mince the garlic. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat; add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until the garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Carefully add the pumpkin purée and broth to the skillet and stir to fully combine. Add the chili powder, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and several grinds of black pepper. Cover and bring it to a high simmer, bubbling constantly. then cook for 10 to 15 minutes until thickened. Once thickened, place 1/2 cup of the sauce in a small bowl and mix it with the Greek yogurt, then add the mixture back to the pan and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the gnocchi and boil until the gnocchi float, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Place the gnocchi and finished sauce in a 9 x 9″ baking dish. Top with dollops of goat cheese and sliced sage. Bake 15 minutes until bubbly.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Baked Gnocchi, Pumpkin Sauce, Gnocchi, Gnocchi Bake, Pasta, Vegetarian, Pumpkin Recipes, Comfort Food