This recipe for refrigerator quick mixed pickled vegetables uses carrots, peppers, cauliflower, and cucumber. You can use any veggie you have on hand!
- 2 quart mason jars with lids
- 2 Kirby cucumbers
- 5 carrots
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower
- 12 small sweet peppers (or several small bell peppers)
- 2 Serrano peppers (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 16 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Wash two mason jars and lids in hot soapy water, rinse and let air dry.
- Quarter the cucumbers lengthwise into four slices each. Peel the carrots, and cut them into sticks. Cut the cauliflower into florets. If using small bell peppers, cut them into strips.
- Tightly pack the cut vegetables into the two mason jars along with the following ingredients divided between the two jars: 2 whole Serrano peppers (optional), 6 whole garlic cloves, fresh dill, 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, and 2 tablespoons peppercorns.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons sugar, 3 tablespoons kosher salt, 1 ⅓ cup white vinegar, and 2 cups water.
- Once boiling, pour the brine mixture into the jars. Tap the jars on the counter to release any air bubbles and top off the jar with extra water if any vegetables are exposed.
- Place the lids on the jars and screw on the rings until they are tight. Leave the jars in the refrigerator for 24 hours before tasting. The pickles last up to one month refrigerated.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pickling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quick pickles, refrigerator pickles, how to make pickles, pickled vegetables