This mini pumpkin pies recipe makes the perfect dessert! Each bite has just the right creamy filling and flaky crust. Want a vegan variation? Bake up this Vegan Pumpkin Pie as mini pies.
For the crust
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 6 to 7 tablespoons ice water
For the mini pumpkin pies
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, kosher salt, and baking powder. Cut the butter into chunks, then use a pastry blender or fork to cut it into the flour mixture until a coarse meal texture is obtained. Sprinkle 6 tablespoons ice water over the flour, mixing gradually with fork until the dough sticks together. Add additional water by the tablespoon until the dough comes together with your hands, but is not sticky (add a bit more water or flour if necessary). Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate in a covered container until the filling is ready, or at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the filling: Combine all of the filling ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Roll out the crusts: After the 30 minute rest, if you have a pastry cloth, set it up and dust it with flour; otherwise, flour a clean work surface. Put on a rolling pin cover (optional) and coat the pin in flour. Roll out the dough into a thin 13” x 18” rectangle. Cut into 4” circles (using a circular cutter or ruler) and gently press into pan. Gently encourage the edges of the dough to scallop.
- Add filling and bake: Pour the filling into each crust, letting it slightly mound on the top (a little will remain, which you can discard). Bake the pies for 24 to 26 minutes until the filling cracks and the crust starts to brown. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a baking rack and cool 30 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mini pumpkin pies