Looking for a quick sandwich recipe that will knock your socks off? This Mediterranean veggie sandwich is fast to make and loaded with deliciousness.
- 1/4 cup garlic herb white bean dip, classic hummus, glowing green hummus, or purchased hummus
- 1/4 red onion (or pickled red onions)
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup pea shoots, microgreens, or greens of any type (spinach, lettuce, etc)
- 2 pieces whole grain bread (or Homemade Bread or Easy Dutch Oven Bread)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles (replace with Kalamata olives for vegan)
You can add any toppings you like to this Mediterranean veggie sandwich! Pickled red onions bring in another tangy element. Or to keep with the Mediterranean theme, you could add Kalamata olives or sundried tomatoes. You could even spread the bread slices with pesto. *Timing does not include making the white bean dip.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mediterranean veggie sandwich, Veggie sandwich, Loaded veggie sandwich