Here’s how to make an iced latte at home! This classic coffee drink is perfectly creamy, refreshing and espresso-forward.
- Make the espresso: Make the espresso using an espresso machine, manual espresso maker, French press, or Aeropress.
- Froth the milk: Use one of the following methods:
- Jar method: Place the milk in a covered jar and shake until foamy.
- Milk frother: Use a handheld milk frother, which makes the frothiest milk. Place the milk in a tall container. Hold the container at an angle and turn on the frother. Move the frother up and down until foamy bubbles form, about 20 seconds or so. It’s easiest to use at least 1/2 cup milk (use the remainder for another iced latte).
- French press: Add the milk to a French press and pump using quick, short plunges until foamy bubbles form, about 30 seconds. It’s easiest to use 1/2 cup to 1 cup milk (use the remainder for more iced lattes).
- Add the espresso to ice-filled glass. Stir in the maple syrup and top with the frothed milk. Enjoy immediately.*
*Step it up and add a dollop of cold foam as a topping.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Espresso
- Cuisine: Latte
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Iced latte