Got potatoes and want to preserve them? Here’s how to freeze potatoes to extend the life of this hearty root vegetable.
- Cut the potatoes: peel and dice them, cut them into fries, cut them into wedges, or use whatever cut you plan to use after freezing.*
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the potatoes and parboil them for 3 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes into a strainer, then run cold water on them until they are cool to the touch. Pat the potatoes dry.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze the tray for 1 hour.
- Transfer the potatoes to a sealable freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- If you’re making Homemade Baked Fries, you can skip the soaking step and proceed right to seasoning the fries (cook them directly from frozen and add a few minutes to the bake time as necessary until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside).
- Category: N/A
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: Frozen
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: How to freeze potatoes