This Greek pizza with feta is bursting with Mediterranean flavor! Top it with colorful veggies for a pie that pleases everyone.
- 1/3 cup Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach or chopped spinach
- 1 pinch each salt and garlic powder
- 4 Kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 handful red onion slices
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 basil leaves (optional)
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough, Thin Crust Pizza Dough or Pizza Oven Dough recipes to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the Homemade Pizza Sauce. (You’ll use about ⅓ cup for the pizza; reserve the remaining sauce and refrigerate for up to 1 week.)
- Prepare the toppings: Warm the olive oil in small skillet. Add the spinach, 1 pinch salt, and 1 pinch garlic powder. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Half the Kalamata olives, chop the artichoke hearts, thinly slice the red onion, and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Spread a thin layer of the pizza sauce over the dough. Add the mozzarella cheese. Top with the spinach, olives, artichoke, red onion, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the feta cheese and dried oregano. Add a few pinches of kosher salt and some fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 to 2 minutes in a pizza oven).
- Allow the pizza to cool for a minute or two before adding the basil on top (whole leaves, lightly torn, or thinly sliced). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Pizza
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Greek pizza, feta pizza, feta pizza recipe