Here’s an easy finger food idea for a party: goat cheese crostini! Simply make homemade toasts and top with goat cheese, honey and fresh herbs.
- 1 baguette (homemade or store bought)
- 4 ounce log soft goat cheese (chevre)
- Fresh mint, basil or thyme, roughly chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the baguette into thin slices on the bias (diagonally). Place the slices on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and crispy. Cool to room temperature: they’ll crisp up even more as they cool. (If making in advance, store the plain, un-topped crostini up to 5 days in a sealed container at room temperature.)
- Top each crostini with a smear of soft goat cheese, a drizzle of honey, and roughly chopped fresh herbs. Add fresh ground black pepper and serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Goat cheese crostini