This breakfast scramble is the ultimate easy breakfast idea! It’s got lots of colorful veggies to start the day right (and a vegan option).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper (or 1/2 red and 1/2 orange)
- 4 cups baby kale or spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or other fresh herbs
- 4 eggs or this Tofu Scramble
- ¼ cup shredded Colby cheese or crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Avocado slices, for serving
- Prep the vegetables: Thinly slice the red onion. Large dice the bell pepper.
- Prep the eggs or tofu: In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them together until well-beaten. Stir in the shredded cheese, fresh herbs, kosher salt, and plenty of fresh ground pepper. Or, complete Step 1 of the Tofu Scramble.
- Cook the vegetables: Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. When hot, add the onion and peppers. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until tender and just starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Add a pinch of salt and the baby greens. Cook for 30 seconds until wilted. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the eggs or tofu: Keep heat on low. Pour in the eggs. Cook for 20 to 30 seconds. When the eggs just start to set, use a flat spatula to scrape sections of eggs, gently stirring constantly until cooked but still soft, about 1 minute. Or, complete Step 2 of the Tofu Scramble.
- Add the vegetables and serve: Add the veggies back to the pan with the eggs or tofu. Stir for a few seconds until combined and warmed. Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: Breakfast Ideas, Easy Breakfast Ideas