This bananas foster recipe is delicious, simple, and takes 10 minutes to make! It’s perfect in any season and the rum sauce is to die for.
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon creme de banana
- 2 tablespoons dark spiced rum (80 to 100 proof)*
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (vegan if desired, or use our vegan Cinnamon Ice Cream recipe or Vegan Whipped Cream)
- Peel the bananas, then cut them in half crosswise and lengthwise.
- In a medium skillet over medium low heat, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and creme de banana. Cook about 2 minutes until bubbly and thickened.
- Add the bananas and turn them until coated with the sauce. Very carefully, add the rum, making sure not to drip any on the stove or the sides of the pan.
- Stand back from the pan and use a stick lighter to ignite the alcohol. Use extreme caution to stay away from the flame! Allow the alcohol to burn off, then continue cooking, stirring and flipping the bananas until the sauce is thickened and the bananas are tender, about 3 minutes.**
- To serve, place the bananas in a dish and top with vanilla ice cream. Pour over the remaining sauce and serve warm. (Or, you can serve it right in the skillet!)
*What kind of rum for bananas foster? Any rum, 80 proof or higher, works for this bananas foster recipe. We like to use 100 proof spiced rum, which adds flavor and ignites easily. **Caution: This alcohol is highly flammable and extreme caution should be used when making this recipe. Be sure to have a fire extinguisher on hand in case of an accident.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bananas Foster, Banana, Dessert, Healthy Dessert, Easy Dessert, Bananas Foster Recipe, Simple Dessert