This baked shrimp recipe is incredibly flavorful and easy to make; the shrimp is baked in Mediterranean tomato sauce and sprinkled with feta and parsley.
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 28-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and shells removed (thawed if frozen)
- 2/3 cup feta crumbled cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Finely dice the onion. Mince the garlic.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
- While the vegetables cook, mince 1/4 cup fresh parsley.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, and stir in the parsley, shrimp, feta cheese, kosher salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the shrimp are cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve immediately with bread, rice, quinoa, or couscous.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Baked Shrimp, Baked Shrimp Recipe, Shrimp with Tomatoes, Seafood, Shrimp with Feta and Tomatoes, Healthy Baked Shrimp