This cozy vegan apple crumble is also gluten free and tastes simply incredible. This recipe is big enough for a crowd and pleases all eaters!
For the filling
- 6 medium to large cooking apples
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the crumble
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Core, peel and thinly slice the apples. Peel the ginger and grate it.
- Combine the apple slices and filling ingredients in large bowl and toss with your hands until well coated.
- In separate bowl, make the crumble topping: stir together the flour, brown sugar, oats, walnuts and kosher salt. Add the vanilla and stir. Add the coconut oil in small dollops. Use pastry cutter or fork to fully incorporate it to make a crumbly topping.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with coconut oil. Place the apple filling in the bottom, then evenly distribute the crumble over the top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until browned and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with Vegan Whipped Cream or vegan ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Apple Crumble, Gluten Free Apple Crumble