This amaretto whiskey sour combines the best of these two classic cocktails! The blend of two liquors makes a perfectly balanced drink.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) amaretto
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) simple syrup
- 1 egg white (optional)
- For the garnish: Cocktail cherry or Luxardo cherry
- Add the amaretto, bourbon, lemon juice, syrup, egg white, and to a cocktail shaker without ice. Shake for 15 seconds (skip this first step if you’re not using the egg white).
- Add the ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake again for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a glass; the foam will collect at the top. Garnish with a cocktail cherry.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktail
Keywords: Amaretto whiskey sour