Want almond milk coffee? Here’s the best way to froth and use this nutty non-dairy milk in coffee drinks, both hot and iced!
For the hot latte:
- 2 espresso shots (2 ounces)
- 4 ounces (½ cup) fresh almond milk*
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup, vanilla syrup, or pure maple syrup
For the iced latte:
- 2 shots espresso (2 ounces or ¼ cup)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons simple syrup, vanilla syrup, or pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- For the hot latte: Make the espresso using an espresso machine, manual espresso maker, French press, or Moka Pot. Go to How to Make Espresso for instructions. Then steam or froth the milk: Heat and then froth the milk using your method of choice (milk frother, French press, whisk or covered jar). It’s easiest to steam or froth 1 cup of milk for 2 drinks; go to How to Froth Milk or see the section in the post above. Stir the espresso with the simple syrup, then pour the milk into center of the espresso, ending with light foam.
- For the iced latte: Make the espresso using an espresso machine, manual espresso maker, French press, or Moka Pot. Place the milk in a covered jar and shake until foamy. Add the espresso to ice-filled glass. Stir in the syrup and top with the frothed milk. Enjoy immediately.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Espresso
- Cuisine: Coffee
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Almond milk coffee, can you froth almond milk, how to froth almond milk, frothing almond milk