This homemade whiskey sour mix recipe is better than any bottle from the store! It’s quick and easy, and makes the best cocktails.
- 8 ounces (1 cup) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) simple syrup (or maple syrup or honey)
- For serving: 16 ounces (2 cups) whiskey of any type
- Place the lemon juice and simple syrup in a sealed jar and shake. Keeps 1 week in the refrigerator (the flavor is best in first 24 hours, but it’s still good over a week).
- For serving, place the sour mix in a pitcher with whiskey with 2 handfuls of ice and pour servings of about 1/2 cup. Or to make single servings, combine 1 3/4 ounces (3 1/2 tablespoons) sour mix with 2 ounces (1/4 cup) whiskey and shake in a cocktail shaker.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Whiskey sour mix