Is there anything more refreshing than a watermelon salad? This one features salty feta, cucumber, fresh basil, and lemon zest.
- 8 cups cubed ripe seedless watermelon (1 8-pound watermelon)
- 2 organic mini cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber (1 cup sliced)
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 basil leaves
- Sea salt, for garnish
- Chop the watermelon into cubes. Slice the cucumbers (if using an English cucumber, slice it into half moons). Chop the basil. Zest the lemon.
- Arrange the watermelon and cucumbers on a platter. Sprinkle with feta crumbles, lemon zest, and sea salt. Taste and adjust flavors as desired. (If you’d like, you can add freshly ground black pepper or a drizzle of olive oil.) Serve immediately. If making ahead, refrigerate the cubed watermelon separately: it releases a lot of water after it is cut. Then assemble the salad directly before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Summer
Keywords: Watermelon Recipes