The Ward 8 is the classic whiskey cocktail you need! A riff on the whiskey sour, it features rye, orange and grenadine.
- 2 1/2 ounces* rye whiskey
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- For the garnish: Orange wedge, cocktail cherry or Luxardo cherry
- Place the rye whiskey, lemon juice, orange juice, and grenadine in a cocktail shaker. Add 2 handfuls of ice and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange wedge and cocktail cherry if desired.
*To convert to tablespoons, 1 ounce = 2 tablespoons.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Ward 8, Ward 8 cocktail