This virgin Mojito recipe has the minty flavor of the classic cocktail: without the rum! The Mojito mocktail is an ideal non-alcoholic drink.
- 6 mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lime juice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) orgeat syrup* or 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) simple syrup
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) soda water or tonic water
- For serving: Ice (try clear ice) and mint leaves
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves. (Here’s how to muddle mint.) Add the lime juice and orgeat or simple syrup.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake until cold.
- Place ice into a glass, and strain in the drink. Top off the glass with soda water. Add ice and garnish with additional mint leaves.
*Orgeat syrup is a non-alcoholic almond syrup used for sweetening cocktails. It has a distinctive nutty flavor with a hint of citrus that’s hard to replicate. It’s easy to find orgeat at your local liquor store or online. Or, to really amp the minty flavor here, use Mint Simple Syrup.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Virgin Mojito recipe, Mojito mocktail