This tasty vegetarian Cobb salad is a delicious healthy dinner recipe for Meatless Monday, featuring chickpeas and coconut bacon.
For the vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian or vegan)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
For the Cobb salad
- In a small bowl, vigorously whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper until a creamy emulsion forms.
- Make the coconut bacon.
- Make the hard boiled eggs according to the Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs or Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs methods.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas; in a small bowl, mix them together with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Wash the lettuce and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Slice the tomatoes. Thinly slice the green onions. Chop the avocado. Slice the eggs into wedges.
- To serve, place greens on a plate or in a bowl. Top with eggs, tomatoes, onions, avocado, chickpeas, blue cheese, and coconut bacon. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Preparing the coconut bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and/or dressing in advance are big time savers. Store leftover coconut bacon in a sealed bag in the freezer; it thaws in seconds.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cobb Salad, Vegetarian Cobb Salad, Healthy Dinner, Vegetarian, Dinner Recipes, Hard Boiled Eggs, Coconut Bacon