This vegetable salad recipe is bursting with flavor! It tastes even better after it’s marinated: great for lunches, picnics and potlucks.
- 1 large red bell pepper (1 1/2 cups small diced)*
- 1/2 red onion (1/2 cup diced)
- 1/2 English cucumber (1 cup diced**)
- 2 heads broccoli (2 cups very small florets)
- 1/2 head cauliflower (2 cups very small florets)
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Chop the vegetables as noted above and place them in a large bowl. (Make sure to keep the broccoli and cauliflower florets very small.)
- Toss with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Taste and add additional salt as desired. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
*Or, customize this vegetable salad by using 7 to 8 cups of bite-size chopped vegetables of your choosing. If you’re serving very hungry eaters or want a large batch, make a double recipe: click the 2x button above.
**If you use a standard cucumber, make sure to peel and seed it. English cucumber has a very thin, delicate skin that doesn’t need to be peeled and imperceptible seeds.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegetable salad, vegetable salad recipe