This easy vegetable pasta pairs spaghetti with colorful roasted veggies! It’s a healthy dinner idea for loading up on the good stuff.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (2 pounds)
- 1 crown broccoli (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 large or 1 medium sweet yellow onion
- 2 bell peppers (1 red and 1 yellow)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups favorite jarred marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, plus more for serving (omit for vegan or use Vegan Parmesan)
- Optional: stir in 2 to 4 ounces soft goat cheese for a creamy sauce
- Protein adders: Chickpeas, White Beans, Edamame, Vegan Meatballs, Chicken, or Sauteed Shrimp
- Adjust the oven racks for roasting 2 trays. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Chop the cauliflower and broccoli into florets. Slice the onion. Slice the bell peppers into strips. Spread the vegetables evenly between the 2 sheets.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil onto each tray, then sprinkle with half the seasonings onto each tray. Mix the vegetables with your hands until evenly coated.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes (do not stir!). Remove the pans from the oven, rotate them, and roast another 10 minutes (for 30 minutes total) until tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Set the timer for a few minutes less than the package instructions and then taste: the pasta should be just done, still with some firmness. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. (If it’s done before the vegetables, toss it with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.)
- To the pot with the pasta, add the marinara sauce, roasted vegetables, and Parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Stir in goat cheese if using, and serve with a protein adder on the side or in the pasta. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Pasta
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Vegetable pasta, roasted vegetable pasta, vegetable spaghetti