Is there vegan whipped cream for dolloping desserts? You be there is, and it’s darn good too. Here’s how to make vegan whipped cream.
- 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight (we just store a few cans in the refrigerator).
- When you’re ready to make it, open the coconut milk and remove the hardened coconut cream on top. It will be in the top half of the can; take care because the liquid will all have separated and be on the bottom half of the can.
- Place only the hardened coconut cream into the bowl of a stand mixer (or a bowl to use with an electric mixer); discard the coconut liquid or use it for another recipe. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Attach the whisk attachment to your mixer and mix on high for 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl and mixing again as needed.
*Want to try it with a boozy twist? Head to our Infused Alcoholic Whipped Cream for how to infuse whipped cream with bourbon, rum or kahlua.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Whipped
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan whipped cream, Vegan coconut whipped cream, How to make vegan whipped cream, Is there vegan whipped cream