These vegan waffles are so light and fluffy, no one will guess they’re plant based! They’re easy to make with pantry ingredients.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or substitute all purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk or almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Strawberry Sauce to serve, if desired
- Preheat the waffle iron to the high heat setting.
- In a medium bowl, mix the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and kosher salt until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, oat or almond milk, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently until the batter is mostly smooth.
- Immediately, add the batter (1 1/4 cups for a Belgian waffle maker and a little over 1/2 cup for a standard waffle maker) into the center of the waffle iron, then cook according to the waffle iron’s instructions. Remove the cooked waffles and place them on a baking sheet without stacking. Make the waffles to order, or place cooked waffles in a 250°F oven to keep warm.
- Cooked waffles can be frozen; place them in a plastic bag and remove the remaining air with a straw before sealing. To reheat, remove from the freezer and lightly toast in a toaster.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan waffles, Plant based waffles