This vegan hot chocolate recipe is rich, creamy and chocolaty! No one would guess this mug of hot chocolate is 100% dairy free.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups regular oat milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ¼ cup (1 ½ ounces) dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate*
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and ¼ cup of the milk and whisk until the cocoa powder is mostly integrated. Whisk in the remaining milk until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat until the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream or marshmallows.
*You can omit for a great cup of hot cocoa with a lighter flavor (and less calories). But the chocolate really adds richness in flavor. We highly recommend it!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan hot chocolate, vegan hot chocolate recipe, dairy free hot chocolate