This vegan French toast recipe is full of flavor using simple ingredients! Whip it up as an tasty way to start the day.
- 3/4 cup oat milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegan butter, melted, plus more for cooking
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 slices sourdough bread
- In a wide shallow bowl or container, whisk together milk, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, flour, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and kosher salt.
- Preheat a griddle over medium high heat and melt another 1 tablespoon vegan butter or coconut oil. Soak each side of 4 to 5 slices of bread in the egg mixture until it becomes saturated, about 15 seconds per side. Place the bread on the hot skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until browned.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar or dust with cinnamon sugar (per the instructions in Cinnamon French Toast).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan French toast, vegan French toast recipe