This vegan chocolate pudding is so rich and chocolaty, no one will know its dairy free! Cocoa powder and oat milk combine into a decadent dessert.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups plain oat milk or almond milk (unflavored and unsweetened)
- 3 ounces (1/2) cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan with the heat off, thoroughly whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and salt, working to remove all lumps. Gradually pour in the milk in small amounts, whisking after each addition until it is smooth.
- Turn the heat to medium and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Once it just starts to bubble on the edges, reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 2 minutes (make sure to stir into the edges of the pan so it doesn’t stick). The pudding will continue to thicken and set as it cools, so it doesn’t need to be fully thick at this point.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring until fully melted.
- Transfer to a container and press plastic wrap or wax paper on the surface (this prevents a film from forming on the top). Refrigerate 2 hours until cold and set. Keeps for 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan chocolate pudding, oat milk pudding, dairy free chocolate pudding