Looking for a 15 minute meal? This avocado toast with egg has a few unique tweaks that make for a tasty and easy breakfast, lunch or dinner.
For the turmeric poached egg*
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 large eggs
For the avocado toast
- 2 thick slices artisan bread or Homemade Bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 to 2 radishes
- Black sesame seeds
- Chunky sea salt
- In a large saucepan, pour a few inches of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer and stir in the vinegar and turmeric.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl, then gently slide the egg into water. Wait about 30 seconds, then add the next egg. Allow to simmer for about 3 minutes, until the whites are set but the yolks are runny.
- Line a plate with a paper towel. Remove the eggs from the pan using a slotted spoon, then allow them to drain while preparing the toast. (Throughout the process, take care with the turmeric water, as it can stain clothing.)
- Remove the avocado pit, scoop it out of the peel, and mash it with some salt using a fork. Spread it on the bread slices, then top with the egg, radishes, sesame seeds, and sea salt.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Avocado toast with egg, Turmeric eggs, How to make a turmeric egg, Turmeric poached eggs, Avocado toast