This tuna patties recipe makes a crowd-pleasing easy dinner! The tuna cakes are tender on the inside with a golden crisp exterior.
- 3 5-ounce cans tuna
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup plain panko or coarse breadcrumbs (or gluten free breadcrumbs*)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
- Drain the tuna and flake it into small pieces with a fork, smashing up any big chunks. In a medium bowl, mix it with the parsley, green onion, Old Bay, garlic powder, kosher salt, panko, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and eggs.
- Form the dough into 8 patties using a 1/3 cup measuring cup to portion it out, then patting it into a patty with your hands. Refrigerate the patties for 15 minutes to firm up the texture (or up to 24 hours).
- When ready to cook, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add the patties and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until lightly browned, then gently flip them with a spatula and cook about 3 to 4 minutes more until lightly browned on the other side. Repeat with the next batch, adjusting the heat because the pan will be hotter on the second batch (much like pancakes!).
- Serve immediately, with a sauce (like remoulade, tartar sauce, Caesar dressing, or Parmesan dressing) or over rice, couscous, or quinoa.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: Tuna patties, Tuna patties recipe, Tuna patty, tuna patty recipe, tuna cakes, tuna cakes recipe