What’s a better Thanksgiving side dish than roasted vegetables? Here’s a basic recipe for how to roast root vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 10 carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary (substitute 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Clean and peel the carrots and chop into 1-inch chunks. Clean the sweet potatoes and chop into 1 inch chunks (leave the skins on). Finely mince the garlic. Place all of the vegetables in a bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the veggies, add the rosemary, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Toss to evenly coat the vegetables.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the vegetables on the sheet and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted vegetables, How to roast vegetables, What are root vegetables, How long to roast vegetables