These roasted sweet potato wedges are a slam dunk! Make ’em baked as a side dish or load them with chili as a tasty dinner.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, small to medium sized (size is important!*)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- To serve as a main dish: 4 cups Quick Chili, sliced green onions, sour cream, and hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices and salt together. (Variation: If you want a crispier sweet potato wedge, add 3 tablespoons cornstarch here.) Wash the sweet potatoes, keeping the skins on. Slice the potatoes into short wedges by doing the following: slice each potato in half crosswise, then in half lengthwise. Place each piece cut side down and slice it in half. Then flip them over and cut that piece down the center into two wedges (see this video, but cut them in half). In a large bowl, mix the potatoes with the olive oil and spices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread the potatoes on the sheet in a single layer. Roast the potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes until tender and starting to become crisped and brown (no need to stir).
*For wedges it’s best to have small to medium sized sweet potatoes. Large potatoes tend to turn out large and awkward shaped (make those into fries instead!).
- Category: Side Dish or Main Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Sweet potato wedges, Roasted sweet potato wedges, Baked sweet potato wedges