These sweet potato tacos are a dinner idea everyone will love! Roast black beans and veggies on a sheet pan and add your favorite toppings.
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 large or 3 medium)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon each chili powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- Pico de gallo, for serving
- Sour cream, goat cheese or feta crumbles (optional)
- Chopped cilantro, for the garnish
- Optional sauces: Guacamole, Chipotle Ranch, Chipotle Sauce (vegan), Cilantro Lime Crema, or Cilantro Sauce (vegan)
- 12 tortillas
- Preheat: Adjust the oven racks for roasting two trays. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the veggies: Slice the onion and slice the bell pepper into wide slices. Chop the sweet potato. Place it in a large bowl with the black beans (drained and rinsed).
- Season the veggies: Mix in the olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and kosher salt and stir until everything is evenly coated. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (we prefer this to silicone baking mats because it results in crispier veggies). Spread the vegetables evenly onto each sheet.
- Roast the vegetables: Place the sheets into the oven and bake for 20 minutes (do not stir!). Remove the pans from the oven, rotate them, and roast another 10 minutes (for 30 minutes total) until tender and lightly browned on one side. Cut the lime into wedges and spritz the veggies with fresh lime juice to taste (2 wedges per sheet).
- Warm the tortillas: Warm and char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm. (See How to Warm Tortillas.)
- Assemble the tacos: Top the tortillas with the roasted vegetables, pico de gallo and cheese crumbles, if using. Top with sour cream or the alternative sauces, and chopped cilantro.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: Sweet potato tacos