This luscious sweet potato puree recipe is silky smooth! Serve it as a side dish, or use it as a component of other recipes.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder and cumin, or 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- Steam the sweet potatoes (30 minutes) or roast the sweet potatoes (40 minutes).
- Taking care because they’re hot, slice the sweet potatoes in half. Scoop out the sweet potato flesh with a spoon or fork and place it in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and salt (and additional seasonings, if desired; if making baby food puree, you can skip this step). Puree for 30 seconds to 1 minute until light and creamy. Eat immediately, refrigerate for 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Puree
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Sweet potato puree, sweet potato puree recipe