These classic steak fries are crispy and perfectly seasoned! This recipe makes delicious thick wedges that are ideal for dipping.
- 2 pounds (2 large or 3 medium) russet potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Honey mustard, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. Place them in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and 1/2 of the fine sea salt and mix until fully coated.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the wedges onto the sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt over the top.
- Bake the wedges for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the potatoes using a fork. Reverse the baking sheet in the oven, and bake another 15 minutes until browned and crispy. Enjoy immediately, with honey mustard or another dipping sauce of choice.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Steak fries, Steak fries recipe