This spring mix salad is a fast and easy recipe starring a mix of baby greens! Top with veggies and a zingy homemade salad dressing.
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 small red onion or 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles (or goat cheese crumbles; optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds or pistachios
- 1 apple, sliced or diced (optional)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette, Dijon Dressing, Orange Vinaigrette, Ginger Dressing, or Poppy Seed Dressing
- Make the dressing: Try Balsamic Vinaigrette, Dijon Dressing, Orange Vinaigrette, or Poppy Seed Dressing.
- Prepare the vegetables: Slice the onion and if desired, soak it in cold water while preparing the rest of the salad (to remove the bite). Or, slice the shallot into rings. Peel the carrot into ribbons or julienne it. Chop the nuts.
- Serve: Place the spring mix greens on a platter or salad plate, and top with carrots, onion, feta crumbles, and chopped nuts. Drizzle with dressing and serve (use about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing per serving).
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Spring mix salad