This roasted eggplant salad is full of serious flavor: cucumber, crunchy veggies, spiced eggplant, peanuts and cilantro!
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 Asian eggplants (or substitute ½ globe eggplant)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon kosher salt, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and turmeric.
- Wash and thinly slice the eggplant (if using globe eggplant, dice the eggplant into pieces about 2 inches wide). In a large bowl, add half of the spice mix and 1 tablespoon olive oil to the eggplant. Roast for about 20 minutes or until cooked through, then allow to cool.
- Rinse the chickpeas and dry them with paper towels. In a medium bowl, stir to combine the other half of the spice mix and ½ teaspoon olive oil.
- Peel the cucumbers and dice them. Mince the onion. Dice the pepper. Chop the cilantro. Place all vegetables in a bowl (without the chickpeas).
- In a small bowl, stir together the rice vinegar, honey, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Sprinkle the dressing into the cucumber mix; save out additional dressing if desired.
- To serve, on each plate or bowl, place the cucumber mix, then top with chickpeas and roasted eggplant. Garnish with chopped cilantro and peanuts. Serve with bread, muffins or pita for a complete meal.
Adapted from Oh She Glows *This recipe makes enough for 4 modest servings; if desired, double the amount of eggplant and chickpeas to make for a more filling salad.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: Roasted eggplant salad, Eggplant salad