This vibrant veggie and avocado pizza is the ultimate vegetarian pizza recipe, starring bell peppers, fresh basil, and creamy goat cheese!
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 small red onion
- 8 to 10 leaves fresh basil
- 1/3 cup Homemade Easy Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- Kosher salt
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the Homemade Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare the toppings: Thinly slice the peppers. Thinly slice the onion. Thinly slice (chiffonade) the basil leaves. Remove the avocado pit.
- Place the dough on the pizza peel: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Quickly assemble the pizza: Spread a thin layer of the pizza sauce onto the dough. Top with the mozzarella cheese. Then add sliced peppers, onions, and dollops of goat cheese. Using a spoon, scoop out small dollops of the flesh onto the pizza. Sprinkle the top with kosher salt.
- Bake the pizza: Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone in the oven using the pizza peel, and bake until the cheese is melted, about 7 minutes (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Allow to cool slightly, then garnish with basil and serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pizza, Vegetarian Pizza, Veggie Pizza, Italian Pizza, Pizza Oven, Vegetarian, Entertaining, Artisan Pizza