Shishito peppers are best when they’re blistered! Cook these mild peppers in a hot skillet, then sprinkle with salt. Bet you can’t eat just one!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces shishito peppers
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt
- Heat the olive oil in heavy saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers in a single layer. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes without stirring, until blistered.
- Use tongs to flip the peppers and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the pan and sprinkle several pinches of kosher salt or flaky sea salt, to taste.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Shishito peppers, Blistered shishito peppers