This shepherd salad is a traditional mix of cucumber, tomato, olives, and feta cheese with lemon juice and olive oil: a perfectly easy summer salad!
- 3 cucumbers
- 4 Roma tomatoes (or 2 large tomatoes)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 handful fresh oregano
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 to 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 splash white wine vinegar
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- Peel the cucumbers; cut them in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds, then chop them into bite-sized chunks. Coarsely chop the tomatoes. Dice the onion. Chop the oregano.
- In a large bowl, mix the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and oregano with the Kalamata olives. Mix in the the olive oil, lemon, fresh ground pepper, and kosher salt. Add a splash or two of white wine vinegar. Taste, and add more salt or pepper if desired.
- Crumble or cut feta cheese into chunks, then add it to the salad. Let stand for 5 minutes to meld flavors, then serve.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Turkish
Keywords: Shepherd Salad, Turkish Shepherd Salad, Salad Recipes, Summer Salad Recipes, Gluten Free Salad Recipes, Cucumber Salad