A perfect balance of textures and flavors this sweet potato salad features shaved Brussels sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes, pecans, and Gouda cheese.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 7 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- Aged white cheddar or aged Gouda cheese (optional), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Wash and dice the sweet potatoes. In a bowl, combine the potatoes with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper; mix to combine. Roast for about 25 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Shred the Brussels sprouts: see the video below or go to How to Shred Brussels Sprouts.
- Make the dressing: in a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Gradually whisk in 6 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a creamy emulsion forms.
- To serve, place Brussels sprouts shavings on a plate, then top with sweet potatoes, slices of cheese, pecan pieces (toasted, if time), and dressing.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sweet potato salad, Brussels sprout salad, Shaved Brussels sprouts, Sweet Potato Recipes