The Bourbon Sazerac is a tasty spin on the classic drink! This boozy cocktail is a sophisticated slow sipper.
- 3–4 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 teaspoon absinthe
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey
- Lemon twist
- In a mixing glass, add the sugar cube and coat it with the bitters. Muddle the sugar cube with a cocktail muddler or wooden spoon until mostly dissolved. Add the bourbon whiskey and absinthe and fill the mixing glass with a handful of ice.
- Stir until cold. Strain the drink into a chilled low ball glass.
- Use a knife to remove a 1″ wide strip of the lemon peel. Squeeze the lemon peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Sazerac bourbon