These sauteed apples are the perfect easy dessert! They take just minutes to make: serve topped with melty vanilla ice cream.
- 3 firm large tart-sweet apples (like Honey Crisp, Jonathon, Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji, etc) — enough for 5 to 6 cups sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 /2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil for vegan)
- 1/2 tablespoon Cointreau, optional
- Vanilla ice cream or vegan cinnamon ice cream, for serving
- Cut the apples into 1/4” slices (no need to peel unless you want to). In a medium bowl, stir together the apples with the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a large skillet heat the butter over medium heat until the butter is just starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the apples and saute 4 to 5 minutes until crisp tender. Add Cointreau if using and cook for additional 20 seconds. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sauteed apples