The Salty Dog is a refreshing citrus cocktail that pairs grapefruit juice, gin, and a salted rim. It’s perfect for brunch or happy hour!
- Flaky sea salt
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) gin
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon (1 dash) simple syrup or maple syrup
- Lime wedge
- For the garnish: Grapefruit wedge
- Cut a notch in the lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of flaky sea salt.
- Place the gin, grapefruit juice and syrup in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice and top with a squeeze of lime. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Salty Dog, Salty Dog Cocktail