Here’s the salmon burgers recipe you need! They’re easy and have the best flavor: each bite is perfection slathered with remoulade sauce.
- 1 pound salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup panko or coarse breadcrumbs (gluten free if desired)*
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 cup Remoulade Sauce or another salmon burger sauce (see above)
- For serving: Bun, red onion, tomato, lettuce
- Cut the raw salmon into chunks. Add it to a food processor with parsley or cilantro, capers, onion powder and kosher salt. Pulse 8 to 10 times until roughly chopped; be careful not to over-process. (Alternatively, chop everything with a large chef’s knife until it has a uniformly roughly chopped texture.) Remove blade and stir in the panko, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise (you can do this in either the bowl of the food processor or transfer to a bowl).
- Form the dough into 4 burger shapes that are about 3/4 inch thick. Refrigerate 15 minutes to firm up the texture (or up to 24 hours). While the burgers rest, make the Remoulade Sauce.
- When ready to cook, heat the olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until browned, then flip and cook another 4 to 5 minutes or until the inside registers 130 degrees Fahrenheit on a food thermometer. You can also grill the burgers on medium high heat for the same amount of time.
- Serve on a bun garnished lettuce, tomato, red onion, and Remoulade Sauce or other salmon burger sauce. Make ahead and storage: Store refrigerated up to 2 days, or wrap in freezer safe wrapping and freeze up to 3 months. Allow to defrost in the refrigerator the night before cooking.
*If all you can find is regular breadcrumbs, use 1/2 cup since they are much finer ground than panko.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: Salmon burger recipe, Salmon burger sauce