The rum swizzle is a refreshing, fruity cocktail that’s the national drink of Bermuda! Build it right in the glass for a truly simple drink.
- 1 ounce aged rum (añejo)
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce all-natural grenadine*
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- For the garnish: cocktail cherry, pineapple wedge, lime wedge
- Add all ingredients to a large lowball glass. Fill with small ice cubes or crushed ice. Place a swizzle stick or bar spoon in center of glass and rub your hands back and forth on the spoon so that it spins quickly. Continue until glass is frosted. Garnish with cocktail cherry, pineapple wedge and lime wedge.
- Pitcher variation: Fill a pitcher 1/3 of the way with ice. Add 4 times the drink ingredients (rums, pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, grenadine, and bitters). Place a bar spoon or wooden spoon in the center of pitcher and stir vigorously. Pour into glasses and garnish.
*This ingredient is notoriously artificially flavored, but there are now some all-natural brands on the market. Look at the ingredients list for a grenadine that is made from pomegranate juice, or make your own homemade grenadine.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Rum swizzle, rum swizzle recipe